Astrology is ubiquitous, and nearly all are familiar with zodiac or sun signs.
Astrology in Europe & the USA
- More and more Americans in 2014, as compared to 10 years ago, believed that Astrology is a Science.
- According to a new survey by the National Science Foundation, nearly half of all Americans say astrology, the study of celestial bodies’ purported influence on human behavior and worldly events, is either “very scientific” or “sort of scientific.”
- The recent resurgence in astrology is driven by the millennial in Europe and the US.
- 74% of Cosmopolitan’s 81 million monthly readers, in 2019, were obsessed with astrology, and 72% checked their horoscope everyday. Cosmopolitan dedicated a 9-page section, or 10% of the magazine, to astrology.
- The synastry of astrology (Guna Milap) is a uniquely holistic solution to the compatibility riddle in Europe and the USA.
- Astrology is not a niche market in the US anymore, because nearly 40% of American women read their horoscope at least once a month. According to IBIS World, the psychic industry’s – comprising of astrology, palmistry, and other – revenues, in 2018, were $2 billion in the US alone.
- Venture and institutional funds have finally caught up with the astrology market and, in 2019 alone, Sanctuary – an astrology app which, for $19.95 a month, provides free daily horoscopes and a monthly one-on-one chat with an astrologer was funded by Five Four Ventures. And, a few weeks after Sanctuary was available for download, Co-Star – an app that lets people download and compare their birth charts, raised over $5m in funding from venture capital firms.
Daily use of astrology (Jyotish), as a way of life, in India
- Jyotish (predictive karmic astrology) is and has been, a way of life in India for over 2000 years.
- In Jyotish, the birth – or natal – chart (Kundali) is the map of a person’s past accumulated Karma. And, the belief in Karma is indisputable in India.
- Compatibility matching pursuant to the Synastry of astrology (Guna Milap) is a prerequisite for millions of arranged Hindu marriages, annually. Many attribute the low divorce rate – of about 2% – to the Guna Milap compatibility matching. About 250 million Hindus will be married in the next 15 years in India!
- The astrology products and services related market in India is worth more than Rupees 70,000 crore (about $ 10 billion).
- The astrology products and services market, in India, is highly fragmented and growing. The market lacks a dominant player so far.
- A Jyotish (karmic astrologer) is consulted for important occasions and decisions such as starting a business, moving into a house, selecting the exact time and date of marriage, who to marry, naming a child, signing documents, litigation, etc.
Astrology, spirituality, religion, and holistic living are intricately connected in India
- A Jyotish (Karmic Astrologer) – is also a Hindu priest or pundit usually – sets auspicious dates for holding social, spiritual, and religious events. They conducts ceremonies, for weddings, the naming of a child, moving into a new house, death, and more.
- A Hindu priest or pundit is usually an astrologer, and performs remedial measures to correct planetary afflictions, and marriage and business partnership related compatibility mismatches, and much more.
- The involvement of a Hindu priest / pundit – usually also an astrologer – at all religious and most social Hindu events is a matter of fact in India. And, India is home to about 1 Billion Hindus.
- Astrology is intricately connected with religion and spirituality.
- Predictive karmic astrology (Jyotish) is more complex, comprehensive, holistic, as well as employs more techniques and considers many more elements and variables in analysis than the Western or other systems. A countless number of rules and techniques were developed, over many thousand years, by a society that embraced astrology in its everyday life. The holistic nature and time-consuming techniques allow for more accuracy and subtlety of predictions and analysis.
- Jyotish allows for relationships based preventive astro-guidance. It is a system of predicting actual events and circumstances in a person’s life. It is as concerned with fame, fortune, wealth, etc. as personality, motivation, and psychology. It has worked as a “preventive protocol” to manage relationships and life for well over a thousand years.